Thursday, April 19, 2012

My First e-Book

As I have mentioned in my previous blog, there were a lot of reasons why I was not able to write for the past several weeks. One of those reasons was that I was finishing my e-book, The Filipino's Guide To Creating Wealth.

Well, it is just about done. I would want to share with you the introduction of my e-book. If you have any questions or suggestion, please email me at von.capulong@gmail.com...

"I am the eldest in a typical Filipino household, both of my parents were working and I have 2 sisters. My mom is an educator and my dad retired after being in the service for more than two decades. When my sisters and I were growing up, we were advised by our parents and our relatives that we should study hard and get good grades to ensure that we get a good job, earn well and be settled for life. I heard these words not only from those people close to me, but from the parents of friends and even my parents’ friends.
                I had neither formal training nor background in putting-up businesses. The closest thing I had in seeing a family business was helping our grandparents in their onion distribution business. I would help repack the onions into 50 kilo sacks after they arrive in the wee hours of the morning from the provinces. I did this during my summer breaks when I was in primary and secondary levels. I didn’t consider it work at that time, although we were paid by my grandmother, since I was having fun.
                The next family business venture came after more than 10 years when my dad retired. That business venture didn’t last long since we both didn’t know anything about the industry. We started out like any would-be entrepreneur. We were full of high hopes; we expected that people will go to us when we set-up the business but they didn’t. Unfortunately, we didn’t realize that there were a lot of things we did not see. I learned a lot from that experience. The business failed miserably.
                These experiences didn’t stop me from venturing into other businesses. Instead, I used what I learned from those failed ventures to make the other businesses I put-up successful.
                The purpose of this book is let people know that anyone can go into business. Formal training is not required. But a very good mentor is a great help. I have chosen to work for business-owners or entrepreneurs. When my batch mates in college were earning big bucks working for multinationals, I was stuck in a small office working for a business with no more than 50 employees, learning their methods, systems and trying to imbibe their mindset."
 You will be able to download my e-book in the next couple of days.