Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Know Your Purpose

Almost all of the people that I've talked with want to achieve financial independence. Others work very hard at their jobs to become financially free. Others, like myself, have ventured into business.

But whatever endeavor one undertakes, one must be able to define his or her own purpose; otherwise what one will be doing is just utterly meaningless. A person without purpose is like a boat without a rudder. He just goes wherever the wind blows.

Thanks to www.copyblogger.com
How do you define purpose? Is it a goal?

Being financially independent and buying the things you want and need to truly satisfying. But why would you want to buy more stuff? With whom are you going to share it with? How will you intend to acquire your wealth or money?

Let me share you my story.

After graduating from college I did not know what to do? I just wanted to earn money and be able to buy things for myself. I took the first job that offered my a good compensation.

But after a year, I felt lost and got bored. I dragged myself out of bed just so I wouldn't be absent physically from work. When I got to work, my mind was somewhere else. So I resigned... However, this scenario played out constantly in several of the jobs that I've been into.

I was job-hopping for some time. The most that I stayed in a job was about three years.

It was about two years ago when I found my purpose. I wanted to help people out. Two years ago, I was a business host with a cable network. I was able to talk to a lot of people. They all come from diverse backgrounds.

The people who had businesses or accomplished in their fields are very optimistic and high hopes. In spite of the problems and issues our country is experiencing they remain hopeful and they are willing to do anything to contribute to society.

On the other hand, I've met people who blame everyone and everything about their sad and sorry situation. They have lost all hope. They want the government to provide doles and jobs for them. They live thinking that the world owes them a favor because of their plight.

I've also met people who are willing and want to improve their lot in life but don't know how. They are open to changing their mindset. There may be some resistance at first but having an open mind is one of their advantages. These kinds of people are the ones I want to help.

How do I help them?

One of my favorite quotes comes from Zig Ziglar, "You can have everything you want in life if you help other people what they want."

I've met people who want to put-up their own ventures but don't know how; either they lack capital or they don't know what venture to put-up.

I've met people who want to make their businesses grow but are stumped. They are overwhelmed with the different advice they get. They get paralyzed by all the information they are getting.

For more than 12 years, I've had a lot of experience in dealing with small businesses and making them grow. I've been consulted by business owners regarding the expansion of their businesses and making people aware of their products and services.

I've also started a venture to show people that with a good idea, getting a good starting capital may not be a problem.

The lessons I've learned can help a lot of people. They may learn from me... The desire to help and be of service to other people has become my purpose.