Sunday, December 11, 2011

Importance of Developing Contacts

I used to have a weekly business show in a cable channel. The show was called View From The Top. I got to talk to a lot of amazing and wonderful people who are already considered as industry leaders and innovators.

One of the people that I've interviewed is Ms. Jayjay Viray, the Country Manager of JobsDB Philippines. I used to work with in EdsaMail and met a her a couple of times when she was already with JobsDB and I was connected with another job portal company. Ms. Viray never ceases to amaze me. She is full of wit, intelligence and charm.

In this first part of the interview, she talks about the importance of developing contacts, maintaining relationships and developing friendship. In one of the quotable quotes during this interview, she mentioned that a person told her "there are two things that will make you successful in the Philippines, cash or contacts. But if you don't have cash, yet you have contacts you will make it."

That was why she started developing relationships and decided that she will meet someone new each day.

You can watch the interview below.