Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What It Means To Be A Leader

When I was still hosting a business show in one of the largest cable TV channels, I always ended my episode by showing an inspiring video of the week. I usually get the video from YouTube.

As the year comes to a close, I am again reminded of this video I shared with my viewers.

The video talks about leadership.

We all want to become leaders. We want others to follow our lead. But what does it mean to become a leader? Who gives legitimacy to leader?

When we are thrust in a position of power, leading a group or an organization, we tend to forget where power comes from. The power we have is vested on the people we lead. If they choose not to follow our lead, then we don't have any power.

A humbling reminder for all of us who are looking forward to the New Year.

Happy Holidays and enjoy the video.